I read 11 books this month!
- Alex + Ada, Vol. 2 by Jonathan Luna
- Raven the Pirate Princess Book 1: Captain Raven and the All-Girl Pirate Crew by Jeremy Whitley
- Scrum by Jeff Sutherland
- The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
- Royal Wedding Disaster by Meg Cabot
- Ender’s Shadow by Orson Scott Card
- A Hero Ain’t Nothin’ But a Sandwich by Alice Childress
- Sweet Sixteen by Linda A. Cooney
- The Boy Who Drank Too Much by Shep Greene
- Now That I Know by Norma Klein
- Necessary Roughness by Marie G. Lee
Some good news/other observations:
1. I am finally at 50% books by or about people of color, which means I am on track for my Diversity on the Shelf reading goal. YAY.
2. I joined Andi’s Smash Your Stack reading challenge on May 18 through the month and more than half of my books count toward that.
3. I decided as part of smashing my stack to do Jenna’s Take Back Your Shelves Readathon over the weekend, which helped me commit even harder to actually reading my own books while I sat by the pool. (It’s a hard life I live, I tell you.) Three of the six smash my stack books were read during that.
4. No five-star books this month, but I did give five of the books four stars (and one three), which means I really liked pretty much half of them. I’ll take it.
5. I’m getting tired of reading my own books because now that’s starting to feel like required reading (which…I have pretty much declared it so since I am trying to finish the books in anticipation of my move). It might be time to take a break from that Or at least read the rest of them in a different order (I was going alphabetically because that’s how my shelves are organized). Also, I realized that I have some of my friend’s books that I should probably read before SHE moves out of town. Forever. So.